Oil Consultants is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The information below is to explain how we may use your personal information that we collect before, during and after your working relationship with us.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (GDPR) (the Act), the data controller is Oil Consultants Ltd of Parsons House, Washington, Tyne and Wear NE37 1EZ.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.oc99.com.
· We will keep Personal Data that you supply to us which may be provided on your CV, certifications or other documentation provided which will be used in relation to recruitment services or applications to vacancies that we advertise.
· We also collect details of your visits to our web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data. We maintain copies of correspondence that you send us through our web site, emails, SMS and other means of communications.
· We may also ask you to compete surveys that we use for research or customer service purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation including the GDPR. The information that we hold will most commonly be used for the following purposes:
· Your data will be held on our global database in order to provide recruitment services and to maintain our records in relation to these services.
We may need to share your personal information where it is necessary to undertake the working relationship we have or where we have a legitimate reason to do so. We also may need to share your personal information to third parties where we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to carry out our legal obligations. Organisations who we may need to share your personal data with may include:
· Third party service providers including visa agents and embassies, governmental agencies and labor departments, insurers, payroll bureau, background checking and screening agents, tax authorities, benefits providers, travel agents, contractors and other administrative services which we use to assist with the purpose of compliance and legislative matters and services associated with recruitment.
· Referees and companies for the purpose of verifying prior activities carried out and obtaining work references.
· Clients for whom you may complete work assignments.
We will also share your information with other companies within the Oil Consultants group in order that they can provide recruitment services for you. We may also share your data in the context of a business reorganisation or possible sale of the business and with regulators in order to comply with the law.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period we will ask you if you wish us to continue to retain your information or not. If you ask us to delete your data it will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
When you register with us through our web site or undertake a work assignment with us we will keep the personal data you give us for ten years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations and also continue to offer recruitment services to you.
We are committed to ensuring you have all the rights entitled by law in relation to your personal information. You are entitled to the following:
· To obtain or gain access to the personal data we hold about you
· Rectification of your personal data which you believe is inaccurate or incomplete
· Restriction of processing your personal data
· To have your personal data erased from your records
· To request the restriction or suspension to processing of your personal data
· To have your data ported to another party
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information, however we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded or excessive. We will request specific information from you to help us verify and confirm your identity and ensure that you access the right information as an appropriate security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to it.
We have put in place a number of security measures to protect your information and prevent it from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
You should take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information held on out IT systems secure, including choosing a secure password for accessing your account with us and not disclosing your passwords to anybody else.
When you access our web site we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
· To estimate the volumes of users accessing our site and their usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our site.
The best people, the best jobs. Oil Consultants are a specialist recruitment agency for the oil and gas industry providing teams and individual skilled technical personnel to global clients.